Monday, December 15, 2008

Breakfast with Santa


On Saturday the primary kids had their Christmas Party. Santa came to enjoy some french toast and make ornaments with the kids. After breakfast and craft time they all got to sit on Santa's lap and have their picture taken. I just got this picture e-mailed to me from the photographer. I haven't gotten a copy of Jay's picture yet but will post it when I do.
After the party was over I was helping Santa hang up his costume so we could take it to the cleaners to be ready for the BIG day next week. We got to talking and he told me that he promised Jay he would bring him the "awesome" dinosaur that he wanted (This seemed harmless enough compared to the kids asking for swimming pools, limo's and a million dollars) That is when I told Santa that the "awesome" dinosaur would cost him $130 to build in his toy shop and that it would seriously deplete his cocoa fund if he were to build it. Is there anyway I can get Santa to send Jay a retraction letter?

4 comments:

Harmony said...

Good luck with that! We've realized it's important to talk with the kiddo's BEFORE seeing Santa so we can help them think of the perfect present to ask for ;)

Christy said...

That's what I do too! I always make sure they ask for what I want them to ask for. This year Damon wanted a nintendo DS and a Wii, plus all the games to go with them. I convinced him that Mommy and Daddy would ask for the Wii. Don't worry though, he will forget about it! :)

Jenn said...

That picture came from a PRIMARY activity? Are ya kidding me? Boy, those wards out west really know how to do Christmas!

Mandie Green said...

We didn't really go all out, there is just a guy in our ward that is VERY familiar with photoshop.