Friday, December 19, 2008

Shopping

Jeremy and I ditched the kids at a friends house and went shopping with out them. This is our second date night in two weeks. Before that the last time we went out of the house together with out the kids was for his Christmas party...LAST year. How sad is that. We had fun, but it was pretty depressing going to all of the close-out sales. When we walked into Linens-N-Things the whole store was empty except for the front aisle facing the doors and the bedding section off to the right. I was really hoping to find some curtains there as I HATE the ones we have. They are still the old lacy curtains that the last owner left when we bought the condo. Didn't really find anything my style so we went over to Toys-R-Us. Yeah, it was crowded, but considering it was the last Friday night before Christmas, it wasn't too bad. After that we went over to Mervyn's and I just wanted to cry. They are only open for 4 more days. Everything in the store is 70-80% off. Not much was left but we got a dress shirt, three ties and three long-sleeved shirts for Jay. A dress and shoes for Alyssa and some Nike sandals for Jeremy. Including tax, we spent less than $60 total. Our receipt showed we saved $128.19
By this time I was starved so we grabbed dinner at Chipotle (YUM) then headed to Michael's to get some stuff for my Christmas projects. Afterward we went to WalMart to look for stocking stuffers. Our last stop was at Walgreens to see what they had. Let's just say Alyssa will be VERY happy that we made that last stop. (Stay tuned for Christmas morning pics to see why)
Believe it or not, all of this running around only took 4 hours to accomplish. We went and picked up the kids and came home and put them to bed. After I am done blogging and I am sure the kids are asleep, I will start the whole wrapping fiasco. It's a good thing tomorrow is Saturday!!

2 comments:

Duane and Meka said...

Did you guys try steve and barrys? They are right next to TRU. I got a few cute things there and the prices are super cheap! Mervyns was crazy when we went in, the place is such a mess. I was also looking for curtains and linens and things and I found a cute brown one with blue circles but it was still 30 bucks so I am going to wait a little and see if the prices go down more.

Mandie Green said...

We went into Steve and Barry's but didn't really find stuff for the kids. There was tons there for Jer but he didn't get anything. I think Linen's & Things will only be open until Christmas Eve??? I think the sign said that there were only 6 days left??? Good luck. Let me know if you get them at a better price.