Our friend Cliff is having his birthday is next week, so we went out to celebrate today. We went down to the strip to check out the atrium at the Bellagio then went to the Miracle Mile shops before going out to dinner. Usually this would be a lot of fun (it still was) but when you add in 4 children 6 years old and younger, you add an element of craziness to the fun.
Alyssa and Elizabeth were barking like puppies for each other and cracking the other one up. It was very cute to see them giggling but with each bark the volume went up and up. (This little game went from barking to yelping and eventually on to full on screaming...they thought it was a riot) At the Miracle Mile shops we stopped by the Godiva Chocolate shop and got some truffles to share. They were heavenly, but after we ate them we slapped ourselves for giving our already hyper children MORE sugar! On the way back to the car before dinner we stopped at the fountains to watch a show. We got there about 20 minutes before the next show so we let Jay and Elizabeth run around in our little alcove area to burn off some energy. Alyssa was pretty jealous and wanted in on the fun. I didn't want her running around cause she would run off. I decided that I would at least take her out of her stroller and hold her. She was still upset so I tried to give her her lovey. (A miniature version of her silky...see a few post's down) Well, that was NOT what she wanted so she threw it. That girl has a pretty good arm. When she threw it, it didn't land by my feet or even next to the stroller in front of me. No, she chucked the thing over the railing and into the water. She was heart broken when she realized that mommy and daddy couldn't get it for her. We were joking that we were going to see a report on the evening news about the Bellagio fountains being under construction after a baby blanket got caught in the intake pipes. I know we'll never see it again, but I did at least inform security that there was a blanket in the lake and left my info with them if they ever did retrieve it.
After the strip we went to Lone Star for dinner. Poor baby Catherine is teething and hasn't really been feeling well. I felt so bad for Jen at dinner since she was walking around trying to calm her down for about 1/2 of the time we were there.
By the time dinner was over Alyssa needed to go to bed. I dropped off Jeremy and Alyssa at home while Jay and I went out to get a Christmas tree. Since our living room is so crowded we decided to put our tree out on our patio. I have it set up and have the lights strung on it for now. We'll decorate it tomorrow after church.






No comments:
Post a Comment