When I was about 5 or 6, I received an autographed copy of The Napping House from my Aunt Denise. I loved this book, loved that she picked it out just for me and that the author and illustrator personalized a message and a drawing inside the front cover. This was probably one of my all time favorite gifts as a child. I still have the book and read it to my children.
Jeremy's grandmother has a tradition of gifting magazine subscriptions to every one as Christmas gifts. I love getting my Parents magazine every month and Jay pours over every edition of Highlights that comes in the mail. She is a very thoughtful and giving woman. As her family grows with new babies she understands that a 1 year old wouldn't really appreciate a magazine subscription as much as the rest of us. This year she found the PERFECT gift for the little ones instead. This is what we received in the mail (with a prior letter from grandma telling us it was coming and to wrap it up for her to give to Alyssa on Christmas):



.
If you can't see the writing very well, double click on the image and it will blow it up bigger so you can read it. The book is all about Alyssa judging an art show on Sesame Street. It is SO cute. For those of you that know my husbands family you might have taken particular notice that the inscriptions reads: From Great Grandma Flyer. I called the customer service number and notified them of the mistake. They pulled the paperwork and it clearly reads: From Great Grandma Plyler. Since it was written correctly on the order form and they messed up with the printing, they are going to make a corrected copy and sent it to us at no charge. The corrected one will be here in time for Christmas. (So anyone else that gets a book like this from grandma, check the inscription ASAP and call the 800 number on the shipping label)






2 comments:
What a great idea! Instilling a love of reading at a young age is so important (in my opinion), and that kind of book is just the thing to help it along!
That is so cute, maybe I should get one for Duane haha!
Post a Comment