Most of my family is currently on a cruise ship off of the coast of Mexico right now. Stopping in Ensenada tomorrow then onto Cabo San Lucas. Oh, I could SO use that break right now. I was trying to surprise Jeremy for Christmas and take him to rest up for finals, but as I am not currently babysitting we are getting creative just to pay our mortgage. Therefore, any grand ideas of getting away to Mexico for the weekend are just wistful day dreams. On the bright side, when this was a possibility I had called Jer's boss and scheduled the days off about 3-4 months in advance. When I finally accepted that we wouldn't be able to participate in the family vacation I never called to cancel his vacation time.
Turns out that was a HUGE blessing. Jeremy has been stressed with finals coming up and never seems to be able to do his on-line classes at home since there are so many distractions. (Gee you think honey? So how can I do 2 classes online for you?) Since he has a few days off he kindly asked me to get the kids out of the house so he could study. I was gone from 10am to 7PM with the kids (Jay got out of school at 11:30 so I didn't have him the WHOLE time) I am exhausted. It was pretty hard staying away from home all day and not spend a fortune doing things to entertain us. We first went to Walmart to get some diapers and do a little window shopping. Went next door to look at shoes at Payless before picking Jay up from school. We went out for lunch at Sonic and had a "picnic". We got out and sat at the tables rather than eating in the car. After that we headed over to the mall to see Santa, play around the Disney Store, make appointments to have their pictures taken on Monday, play around in another toys store and do even more window shopping. By this time, Alyssa needed a nap so we dropped her off at home with Jer while Jay and I went to the movies. Unfortunately the movie started 10 minutes before we got there so we ended up playing in the arcade and going bowling instead. Then we went to the library where Jay did his homework and we worked our way through a few Amelia Bedelia books and about a dozen other random books Jay picked out. By then Alyssa was up from her nap so we went home to pick her up and cleaned out our car. The kids and I then went grocery shopping at Sam's Club for a few staples we needed then back over to Walmart so Jay could check out the toys. A stop at the gas station was all I could muster on the way home. When we got here Jer was happily finishing his last quiz for one of his classes. He then said, that if he can work just as hard tomorrow then he'll be done with all of his class work and quizes until he takes his finals next week. AHHHHHHHH..... what am I supposed to do with them tomorrow?
I had a few ideas such as going for a bike ride and then taking them over to the gym while I worked off the tater tots from lunch today. The gym has the best day care center ever. Jay likes it better than going to Chuck E. Cheese. After that I am at a loss of what to do. NO MORE WINDOW SHOPPING ALONE WITH 2 KIDS 3 WEEKS BEFORE CHRISTMAS!! We do need to do some house work as we are babysitting for some friends tomorrow evening. (We are trading off kids so we can go to our work parties without paying for a sitter. It's our turn to ditch the kiddo's next Saturday.) But trying to clean the house isn't exactly removing the distractions so he can study.
Oh yeah, he has Monday off too and will be wanting to do more studying for the actual exams. HA!! He's getting kicked out to go to the library.
Merry Christmas!
7 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment