Sunday, August 10, 2008

Church Funnies

We had a really great sacrament meeting today. The new couple in our ward that spoke did VERY good jobs, were entertaining and very spiritual. The only problem was that the entire congregation would start cracking up randomly because we couldn't stop thinking about the youth speakers talk. This particular young man has a very dry sense of humor and is very soft spoken. During his talk he was emphasizing the need for reverence and respect while praying to Heavenly Father, referring to Him by Thee, Thou and Thine ect. He then went on with to say "Heavenly Father is NOT your 'home skillet' and should not be referred to as such." He didn't even crack a smile when he said it, just kept going with his talk. Every one burst out laughing and he didn't even realize what was so funny, of course that made us all laugh harder.
Then I was teaching the lesson in Nursery today (on obedience of all things) and was telling the kids that Heavenly Father gave us commandments to keep us safe and happy, just like mommies and daddies give the kids rules to keep them safe and happy. One little boy spoke up and said "all those rules keep me safe, but they do NOT keep me happy."
Last of all, Jay was chosen to be the "spot light" child in Primary next month so I was filling out the paper with all of the questions about Jay. Two answers really cracked me up. One was asking what his favorite food was. I was about to write strawberries, but I thought I would ask Jay in case he changed it again this week. He told me his favorite food was the donut daddy was eating. (Of course it was the last one in the box) Then I asked him where he would want to serve a mission. Without missing a beat he said "Disneyland......or Russia" I didn't even know he knew anything about Russia.

1 comment:

Shaul Family said...

Those are really cute comments that Jay said to you. How cute. Is he ready for school? Is it part or all day kindergarten?