Saturday, September 20, 2008

Secret Life of the Mail Man

Jay and I went to check the mail this afternoon. When he unlocked the box and saw it was empty I pointed out that the mailman was at the other box down from us and that he hasn't gotten to us yet. As we walked back inside the mail man drove off in the opposite direction from our mailbox (this is normal, he does a circle and comes back) Jay got upset that he was "forgetting our mail". I told him that he would be back in a few minutes. Jay thought about it for a second and then told me that he was going home to take a bath. About 20 minutes later Jay told me that he was done bathing (Jay really said he was done bath-ing, not bathing) and that we could go check the mail now. When we went back to check and the mailbox was still empty Jay said, he should be done by now, WHAT can he still be doing in the tub?
I have a few questions. 1st, of all the things the mailman could be doing, why was he taking a bath. 2nd, where in the world does Jay come up with these random thoughts? And 3rd, how can I get Jay to realize that 20 minutes in the bathtub really IS too long and he needs to get out?

No comments: