Monday, September 8, 2008

Rainy Days and Mondays

Ok, how many of you now have a Carpenters song stuck in your head? Today we received our allotted annual rainfall. (All in 20 minutes) Rain is such a rarity in Vegas that we had to go out and make the most of it. When I was younger I loved playing in the rain, watching the lightning and listening to the thunder. Today I am passing the tradition down to my little ones.
We heard the thunder and ran out to play. Once outside we saw the Syndergaards doing the same thing so we walked over to their house and played. There is something about splashing in puddles that is fundamentally necessary in childhood. Jay and Olivia were having fun playing tag but kept falling on the slippery pavement. Alyssa and Luke were both laying in the gutter, taking a bath, all the while trying to take a drink when they thought Carly and I weren't looking. (EWWWW) Even little Sophie was having fun feeling the rain drops on her hand. All of the kids were soaked head to toe, but had huge smiles on their faces as they splashed around.
Not only was the rain desperately needed for the moisture, but it cooled things off a bit too. It was actually refreshing rather than muggy. It was such a cozy afternoon. Perfect for snuggling on the couch after the kids got out of the tub. Makes me want to move to Seattle!




1 comment:

Jill said...

We had a short but strong thundershower here today. How I love to play in the rain! Good thinking to grab your camera.