I must say Alyssa is quite a precocious little girl when it comes to helping around the house. I swear she could do the laundry by herself if she had a step stool to reach the knobs. This is a good thing since she isn't wanting anything to do with potty training except for wearing undies.
Yesterday she was begging to wear her big-girl panties. The particular pair she was holding happened to be the pair sitting on the top of the dirty laundry basket in the hallway that she had peed in earlier that day. I told her that she couldn't wear them because she peed in them and anything that has potty on it needs to be put in the laundry. I now know that I need to choose my words better when giving her directions.
This morning I went to wash Jay's baseball uniform. I usually start the water in the machine first then add the detergent and clothes. I am SO glad I opened the washing machine BEFORE I started the water today.
When telling Alyssa to put things in the laundry, I need to specify laundry BASKET or she will put it in the washing machine. When I say anything that has potty on it needs to be washed, I need to specify that any CLOTHES that are pottied on need to be washed. Not only did she put her dirty panties in the washer, but about 4 peed-in diapers she dug out of the bathroom trash can. Nasty disaster barely avoided today.
Merry Christmas!
7 years ago






1 comment:
Very cute! Kids are soooo fun, aren't they? She's a cutie!
Post a Comment