Saturday, February 21, 2009

Adrenaline Rush

I used the excuse that my friend Jen needed a fun girls day out so I could get out of the house without the kids or Jeremy. My friend Deanna is visiting us from Utah for the weekend so the three of us went to the Stratosphere to go on those crazy rides about 1000 feet up in the air.

The first ride we went on is called the Xscream. You sit in a roller coaster car on a 50 foot rail that hangs over the edge of the tower. When it tilts like a seesaw, the roller coaster car shoots forward to the edge of the rail and you are hanging over the strip with nothing beneath you. Here is a video of the ride. We aren't on the video but you can see how the ride works.




The second ride is called the Insanity. When they built it I remember saying that I would never go on it. I am glad I did. It was SO much fun. You basically are sitting on a swing positioned in a circle, facing the other riders. The arm that it is all attached to then swings out over the edge of the tower and starts spinning you. The G forces cause the swings to fly out so you are looking straight down.

2 comments:

Harmony said...

Looks like a fun day! Much more exciting than my usual lunch or movie outing!

Jenn said...

Better you than me! I wanted to puke just watching the videos!