Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Oh Happy Day!!!

Alyssa just made a BIG step in her potty training process. (Those of you squeamish about such issues, I would advise you to stop reading now) She came and stood by me and starting "concentrating" really hard. I asked her if she needed to poop and she said "Yep, Stink!" I took off her diaper and told her to go sit on the toilet. She actually pooped in the toilet! I was shocked that she actually did it. I know this is just the beginning of potty training with her and we have a LONG way to go, but WE ARE HERE! She is finally ready to start! We've been hootin'& hollerin' for the past 1/2 hour. Lots of hugs, hi-fives and way-to-go-princess'. We just might be getting some big girl panties for her upcoming birthday. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that it won't be the same 2 year battle that is was with Jay.

2 comments:

Harmony said...

Hooray!!!! I thought it would take my pip-squeak ages to potty train but she did it really fast. I chose the messy way though and went straight to the undies. The first few days were awful, absolutely AWFUL, but within a week she was consistently going, and in less than two weeks we were accident free! Good luck :)

Christy said...

What a huge step! That is so exciting. I don't think Sean is even close. I thought about starting in the summer time. We will see. Oh, how would it be to be done buying diapers! :) Good Luck!